Palo Santo (Bursera graveolens) is a mystical tree that grows on the coast of South America and is related to Frankincense, Myrrh, and Copal. In Spanish, the name literally means “Holy Wood.” It is part of the citrus family and has sweet notes of pine, mint, and lemon.
Sustainably and Ethically harvested.
Palo santo has been used for centuries to clear negative or heavy energies from spaces or individuals. It has also been used for its healing properties in shamanic ceremonies.
South American shamans believed burning Palo santo had similar properties to reset energy. It’s also thought to have the power to attract sacredness to a space.
These palo santo sticks have come from a family who have been working directly in Ecuador for over 11 years to obtain the Palo Santo. They have worked directly with the ministry of forest and government agencies on reforestation projects including putting back over 100,000 trees into the dry tropical forest for the last 20 years. They only purchase wood from independent local collectors that find naturally dead trees that have been sitting on the forest floor for over 4 years.
Each bundle comes with 3 sticks.
PALO SANTO Bundle
- Use a candle, match or lighter to ignite your stick of Palo Santo.
- Hold at about a 45 degree angle pointing the tip down toward the flame.
- Allow it to burn for about 30 secs to 1 minute and then blow out. Move about your workspace, home, car, bathroom or anywhere you would like to clear the energy.
- When finished, place the stick in a fire proof bowl of metal, glass or clay.
- The glow will end on its own unless you blow on the ember which will keep the smoke going.
- Always use caution and respect when working with fire.